Low Council Tax - Better Services - Value for Money
Help to beat the recession
Medway Council provides many services which can help you during the recession, including:
- Council tax and benefits available to those on low incomes
- Housing - the council can help with advice on rented accomodation, social housing or temporary accomodation
- Debt - An advice service has been set up in partnership with the Citizens' Advice Bureau
- Employment - residents can get help through Employ Medway Advice Centre, in Chatham
- Business - a free Business Information Service is provided at Chatham library and the Council's Partners for Growth scheme helps business to pursue growth opportunities.
- Leisure - you can save money by borrowing a book or hiring a CD or DVD from your nearest library or attend one of the free events during the year.
Your local contact point
The Rainham Contact Point is at 1-3 Station Road, Rainham (map).
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9am-5pm
Your local library
Your local library in Rainham is in Birling Avenue (map) between the police station and the public car park.
Tel: 01634 231745
Fax: 01634 263415
Opening times: Monday 9am-6pm, Tuesday 9am-7pm, Wednesday closed, Thursday 9am-6pm, Friday 9am-6pm, Saturday 10am-4pm
Facilities: Photocopier, fax, computers, disabled access, upstairs reading space.